What to do with
TILES (FLOOR AND WALL)
Where can I recycle? »
your local household waste and recycling centre.
If you have tiles leftover from a project or have managed to remove your old tiles without breaking them, consider the following options:
Pass them on...
- Go online to sites like Freecycle and Freegle to give it away for free;
- Try advertising your surplus building materials online at sites such as eBayand Gumtree.
Friends, family and local events
- Ask family and friends if they would like them for a project they might have;
- Check locally - a community project near you may have a use for them;
- Advertise in local papers, shop windows or on community noticeboards.
- If you are unable to find any takers, you can get rid of your tiles at your local recycling centre;
- You will need to provide your own transport. Contact the recycling centre to find out the opening hours which can vary for cars and vans;
- If you are taking the tiles in a van, check with the recycling centre whether you need any permission or ID to do so.
What else can I do?
- If you have a large quantity to dispose of, you can arrange for a skip or jumbo-style bag to be delivered to your home for removal by a licenced waste disposal company.