What to do with
Where can I recycle? »
Increasingly these are being collected at local recycling centres but are not generally collected from kerbside. However, there are other organisations that will recycle them for you.
How should I re-use printer cartridges?
Get them refilled!
- Why not take your empty cartridges to be refilled? You can save up to 60% on the price of a new cartridge!
- Refilling ink jet cartridges is straightforward and can be done on a DIY basis, with a number of companies supplying the ink and refilling equipment;
- When buying your printer, choose one that uses cartridges that can be easily refilled or that can easily accept generic or refilled cartridges.
What else can I do with them?
- Donate them! Lots of charities collect empty printer cartridges to raise money by refilling and reselling them;
- Take a look at the internet to find charities in your area that are collecting printer cartridges.