What to do with
Which foil or aluminium items can be recycled?
How to recycle foil
- Foil must be clean, unstained and free from food, grease and oil. Please place any dirty or stained foil in your bag or bin for non-recyclable waste;
- Foil must be free from other packaging types such as plastic film lids. Please remove these items and place them in your bag or bin for non-recyclable waste;
- Wipe or dip foil trays in washing up water to remove any crumbs or food residue;
- Leave aluminium screw top lids on glass jars and wine bottles.
How to check if your foil is recyclable
- Do the scrunch test to check whether your shiny wrapper is aluminium foil or plastic film: scrunch the wrapper in your hand - if it remains scrunched in a ball it is recyclable foil;
- Please un-scrunch your foil before placing this inside your recycling container.