What to do with
Where can I recycle? »
If you’ve got non-electrical DIY equipment that you don’t need anymore, and it could be used by someone else, why not:
- If you're getting rid of unwanted, working DIY equipment, try selling it onGumtree,in your the local newspaper, at car boot sales.
Donate or swap it!
- Ask family, friends, work colleagues or neighbours if they have a use for your ladder, saw or pasting table;
- Look out for local swapping events. You could even go online to give them away;
- If you want to get rid of it quickly advertise it for free on Gumtree.
- Try donating your equipment to a charity shop, a furniture re-use organisation or local community project. Try searching the internet or contact your local council to find your nearest re-use organisation. Always check first that the organisation accepts these kind of items.
How should I recycle it?
Wooden and metal equipment can often be recycled at your local recycling centre.