What to do with
Where can I recycle? »
Your local recycling centre may accept computers, monitors and laptops for recycling, or you can donate your computer, even if it isn’t in perfect working order!
Pass them on...
Community and re-use organisations
Donating your unwanted computer equipment to a charity is a great way to help others. For some charities it is important that the equipment is in good working order; however other groups have technicians who can repair them.
- Check for any instruction manuals, cables or accessories that you could donate with it;
- If you are also providing software with your computer, make sure you include the software licence and any installation CDs.
- Pass on items for free at places such as Freecycle and Freegle;
- Or sell them on websites like eBay and Gumtree.
Friends, family and local events
- Ask family and friends - often they can use the things we don’t want anymore;
- Sell items locally at car boots, nearly new and bring and buy sales;
- Advertise online, in a local paper or on local notice boards.