What to do with
CDS AND DVDS
Where can I recycle? »
If you have CD's or DVD's to get rid of, consider the following options:
Get selling and make some money...
- CD's, DVD's and computer games in good condition can be put back into circulation and earn you some cash into the bargain! Simply search the internet with "sell CD's" to find companies like eBay, Music Magpie,Zapper and Ziffit that offer this service. Be aware that some offer free postage, while others will charge you for this.
Pass them on...
- Ask family and friends if they would like them;
- Go online to give them away at sites like Freecycle and Freegle;
- Check locally - a community project near you may have a use for them.
- Discs are sometimes collected at some local recycling centres but this service does vary across the country. Check our postcode locator or ask your local council.
- VHS tapes and cassettes are now rarely accepted at recycling centres and are generally sent to landfill, few charity shops take them too.
What else can I do with them?
- Cut your discs into small pieces and use them to create a mosaic pattern on picture frames, flower pots or mirrors;
- Hang them up in the garden - they not only look pretty spinning in the wind but make good bird scarers on the vegetable plot!
- Use the discs as coasters for drinks.