What to do with
If you have carpets and rugs that you don’t need any more, there are lots of options for getting rid of them…
If they are in good condition…
Get selling and make some money
Pass them on
- Ask family and friends, they could need a piece of carpet;
- Pass it on for free online at places such as Freecycle and Freegle;
- Donate it to a charity or a re-use organisation - many offer a local collection service.
If they have seen better days…
- Local gardeners or gardening groups may be interested in using your old carpet. It is useful for insulating compost heaps, keeping weeds at bay on vegetable plots and on paths. Wool rich carpets also make a very good mulch!
- If you are building a garden pond, use old carpet to line it before you put the pond liner in - it protects the liner from sharp stones;
- Cut to size and use it to protect your car windscreen from frost.